- Laser rejuvenation does not affect eyesight. There is no risk of corneal damage.
- Duration - 15-20 minutes.
- The skin around the eyes becomes taut and elastic, a lifting effect is achieved.
- In most cases, 1 procedure is sufficient.
The essence of the procedure
The laser beam works by heating. Connective tissue cells are injured, so the collagen fibers are contracted into tight spirals and fill the voids, and the dermis is regenerated. The mechanism for the formation of new connective tissue is set in motion. Visually, this process looks like skin tightening.
The effect of the procedure: the skin around the eyes becomes taut and elastic, a lifting effect is achieved. Venous outflow also improves, so the color normalizes, bruises under the eyes disappear, and the vessels do not shine through the epidermis. Puffiness under the eyes is eliminated by improving blood circulation and lymphatic drainage. The microcirculation of the liquid normalizes, so puffiness under the eyes disappears.
The laser also removes bruises under the eyes if they are caused by pigmentation. It destroys the pigment-producing cells and the darkening goes away.
Achievable result through laser rejuvenation
After treating the skin around the eyes with a laser beam, the number and depth of static wrinkles are reduced, and dynamic wrinkles are completely smoothed out. The micro-relief of the eyelids is improved, the eye contour is emphasized.
The face looks fresh and invigorated. As the tissue tone is restored, the overhang of the upper eyelid is eliminated, visually the appearance becomes brighter. "Bags under the eyes" are reduced, the effect of wide open eyes is created.
Age spots are lightened by removing the horny layer of the epidermis and destroying the pigment.
The number and frequency of procedures to achieve the result
The exact number of sessions is determined by the beautician individually after diagnosing the condition of the periorbital zone. Since the skin around the eyes of young people is thin and delicate, one treatment is enough. Rejuvenation after 40 years may require several sessions to restore previous turgor. In this case, the result will be more stable and durable.
Who is this procedure for?
To eliminate cosmetic defects, laser treatment of the skin around the eyes is performed. After 25 years, patients correct the first signs of photoaging and prevent age-related changes. At the age of 45-50, laser rejuvenation slows down skin aging. Patients sign up for a session to address wrinkles, darker skin and droopy eyelids.
Pros and cons of laser rejuvenation
The rejuvenating effect is not only noticeable on the eyelids, but in the entire upper third of the face. Rejuvenating the skin around the eyes improves the overall perception of the face.
A good result at a low cost compared to plastic surgery. The laser coagulates the vessels, thus preventing bleeding. Modern lasers are characterized by ultra-precise settings. This helps the doctor regulate the penetration of the jet to a strictly defined depth (there is no risk of burns and scars on thin skin).
Patients should not be afraid that the treated areas of the eyelids will be visible against the background of the entire face. Laser taper is characterized by the absence of a demarcation zone, i. H. the boundaries between the treated and untreated areas are erased.
Despite the many advantages, the effect of the procedure is only temporary. After 1. 5-2 years, a second session is required. The laser cannot completely smooth out static wrinkles, it only pushes them out slightly.
Indications for the procedure
- dynamic and static wrinkles, "crow's feet" at the outer corners of the eyelids, wrinkles along the tear trough;
- "bags" and puffiness in the lower eyelid;
- age-related drooping of the eyelids;
- absence of a visible movable eyelid due to overhanging skin;
- poor skin quality - loss of elasticity, laxity, reduced tone and turgor;
- dilated capillaries around the eyes;
- pronounced lacrimal creases;
- Skin defects as a result of mechanical damage.
Young patients resort to laser rejuvenation for dark circles and bruises under the eyes, age spots and dryness.
The procedure is not always safe. The doctor will refuse to conduct a session if:
- impaired blood clotting;
- chronic conjunctivitis;
- dermatological pathologies - vitiligo, demodicosis, eczema, etc. ;
- Tendency to hyperpigmentation.
Relative Limitations of Laser Skin Rejuvenation Around Eyes:
- Exacerbation of the common cold, viral infections, atopic dermatitis;
- Pregnancy and breast feeding period;
- local inflammation on the face, aggravation of acne and ulcers;
- recent chemical peel (less than two weeks ago);
- Taking medications that increase the skin's sensitivity to light. The procedure is delayed by 1. 5 years;
- Fresh tan.
With increased intraocular pressure and dry eye syndrome due to impaired lacrimal gland function, the doctor considers each case individually.
How is the procedure carried out
The doctor selects the laser settings individually for each person, taking into account the thickness of the skin and existing problems.
Laser rejuvenation in the eye area is performed on an outpatient basis. The patient is allowed to go home immediately after the session.
At the consultation, the cosmetologist determines the problems and selects the exposure method. It is recommended to avoid the sun and use sunscreen for a week before the appointment.
At home, before the session, you need to remove contact lenses and not apply decorative cosmetics.
- The doctor completely cleans and disinfects the face.
- A numbing gel is applied to the skin.
- The treatment area is treated with a device that produces a laser beam.
- A protective cream is applied.
Rehabilitation and recommendations for skin care after the procedure
After the session, the skin of the eyelids tightens, swelling increases, peeling occurs and a slight tingling sensation is possible. Burning and redness extends to the temples and cheekbones. This is a normal reaction that will go away on its own after 2-3 days. The burning goes away after a few hours.
You do not need to wash your face on the day of the procedure. Tissues should be treated with an antiseptic several times a day, and products containing vitamin B group (a derivative of pantothenic acid) should be applied to accelerate regeneration and rapid healing of injured areas. After the treatment, the feeling of tension disappears.
Before going outside, put on sunscreen with an SPF of 50 and protect your eyes with sunglasses.
You should not use contact lenses for the first few days. They must be replaced by glasses.
What not to do after laser eye rejuvenation
The laser increases the sensitivity of the skin, so the following restrictions apply for a month:
- any thermal effect is prohibited - direct sunlight, visiting a bathhouse, swimming pool;
- You can't scrub and rub your face.
- it is worth abandoning peeling;
- it is forbidden to touch the eyelids with your hands;
- no products containing alcohol and acid, apply retinol to the face;
- Peel crusts should not be torn off to avoid infection.
During the week, active sports are prohibited because. it improves blood circulation.
Possible complications after the procedure
Laser rejuvenation of the skin around the eyes is safe and does not affect vision. The risk of negative consequences remains if the rules of rehabilitation are not observed and contraindications are concealed from the doctor.
- burns. Explained by affecting an area longer than the allotted time.
- accession of an infection. Occur when the crusts are touched with dirty hands.
- Pigmentation. It appears when you are in the sun and neglect sunscreen.
The key to a successful procedure is a qualified doctor and modern equipment. In this case, the risk of complications is almost zero, and side effects in the form of redness and swelling quickly disappear.
Combination of laser eye rejuvenation with other procedures
For a greater effect, after rejuvenating the skin around the eyes, you can perform a forehead and eyebrow lift.
After a few weeks, you can do botulinum therapy in the forehead and between the eyebrows.
To achieve powerful anti-aging lifting, a combination of laser and biorevitalization is recommended. This strengthens the frame of the eyelids, saturates the skin cells with hyaluronic acid. This will eliminate dryness and crow's feet. At a young age, the laser is combined with mesotherapy. Complexes of vitamins and microelements increase tone and stimulate cell metabolism.
If you want to improve the quality of the skin around the eyes, tighten the dermis and restore turgor, a combination of CO2 laser with injection procedures is recommended.
If it is necessary to smooth out only the resulting mimic wrinkles and eliminate the hypertonia of the circular muscles, botulinum therapy is carried out 2-3 weeks before laser rejuvenation.
If it is necessary to correct static folds, remove "bags" and reduce the severity of the tear trough, contour plastic with hyaluronic fillers is performed after laser rejuvenation.
Answers to frequently asked questions about laser skin rejuvenation around the eyes
- At what age can laser skin resurfacing be performed around the eyes?
Sessions are for adults only.
- How long does the rehab last?
Total recovery time is one month. As a rule, after 5-7 days there are no longer any traces of treatment.
- How long does the result after laser rejuvenation last?
For people with thin and sensitive skin, the effect lasts at least 8-10 months. In most patients, the firmness and elasticity of the skin is retained for 1. 5 years.
- Is the procedure suitable for men?
Yes, it does.
- What is the difference between laser peeling and laser resurfacing?
The peeling penetrates into the deep layers of the skin and its effect is not precisely controlled to the micrometer, as is the case with laser rejuvenation.
- Is eye laser treatment painful?
The procedure is well tolerated due to the local anesthesia.